Yoga Nidra: The Art of Manifestation Through Relaxation
Laurie Egrie,Wellness Coach of Elevate YouYoga and Wellness, LLC
Location: Sunstone Massage & Yoga 106 North Main St., Cape May Court House, NJ
Practice the art of relaxation and restoration with the intention setting practice of Yoga Nidra. This practice is done lying down using a deep relaxation guided technique and we activate the parasympathetic nervous system – rest and relax. The guided relaxation technique takes us through a rotation of consciousness that helps to alleviate tension at a physical, emotional and mental level.
During this “state of consciousness – between waking and sleeping” we set an intention and plant the seed for creating positive change in our life. In this relaxed state we are open to receive reduced stress response, a quiet rejuvenated mind, and innate healing.
In this workshop we will:
- Learn what Yoga Nidra is and it’s benefits
- Understand the connection of the Koshas -the 5 layers of our energetic being
- Connection of yoga nidra to the nervous system and the benefits of soothing our nervous system
- Set a Sankalpa – an intention that can bring positive change into your life – ignite the divine light in your heart
- Experience a Yoga Nidra Practice to explore a pathway of connecting your body, mind and heart (intention)
- Reflect on the practice and how to use it in everyday life
Blanket, yoga mat, small pillow, socks and journal. Bolsters are a plus.